Building Addition to West Kildonan Collegiate
Earlier this year we were excited to share and receive news that a proposed addition to the North side of WK had been included in the Provincial Government’s Manitoba Education 2021-2022 Capital Plan for New Projects.
The addition is timely as we continue to need flexibility for teaching and learning spaces and programming and we also anticipate continued growth in the coming years with new residential developments.
We continue to work with Prairie Architects finalizing the design of the new 2 story addition to WK which includes:
– A net increase of 10 new classrooms including 2 new Science Labs
– A new 2000+ square foot fitness room connected to the back of the gym
– Re-purposing the existing fitness room into a teaching space for Phys. Ed. and Health classes
– A new dance studio in the new wing connected to the existing Performing Arts room
– The addition of gender-neutral bathrooms on each floor
– An additional second floor teacher prep room/office space
– Increased parking
– Upgrading and relocating the outdoor basketball court
– The addition of an outdoor courtyard and multi purpose teaching/gathering space designed in collaboration between Prairie Architects and a group of West Kildonan Collegiate students