Congratulations to our W.K. Track and Field team for their hard work this season. We qualified 10 athletes for the M.H.S.A.A. Championships and came away with 2 medals.
Grade 12 Jestoni Villanueva capped off a very successful high school career winning a bronze medal in the Sr. Boys Long Jump. Some of his accolades include:
- 2016 Provincial Long Jump Champion
- 2016 K.P.A.C. Indoor and Outdoor Long Jump Champion
- 2017 Provincial Long Jump Champion
- 2019 K.P.A.C. Champion and record holder (6.49m)
- Top 12 in Canada currently for Long Jump
Jestoni, who was also selected both Indoor and Outdoor M.V.P. this year, has signed with the University of Manitoba Bisons. We wish him the best of luck!
Grade 10 Jorden Fabregas qualified for 3 events for this year’s championships. He ran the 100m, finished 5th in High Jump, and was the 2019 Provincial Long Jump Champion! Jorden recently made the Tri Province Track and Field Team and will be competing in July against athletes from Saskatchewan and Alberta. We are looking forward to a bright track and field career!